What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded onto a device via websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his/her device and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the services offered.
There are two types of cookies, depending on the organisation that controls the domain from where the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained. Own cookies: these are sent to the user’s device from hardware or a domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided. Third party cookies: these are sent to the user’s device from hardware or a domain that is managed by an organisation other than the editor, which processes the data obtained via the cookies.
There are also session or persistent cookies, which refer to the length of time they are stored on the browser.
Finally, there is another classification featuring four types of cookies, depending on the purpose for which the resulting data are processed: technical cookies, preference cookies, analysis cookies, behavioural advertising cookies.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from compliance with the provisions stipulated in article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on Information Society Services and E-commerce, hereinafter LSSI in accordance with its Spanish initials:
– Solely for the purpose of allowing communication between the user’s hardware and the network.
– Strictly for the provision of a service requested specifically by the user.
In this sense, Ruling 4/2012 issued by the Article 29 Working Party (Ruling 4/2012 on the exemption from the requirement of informed consent http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2012/wp194_es.pdf) adopted the opinion that exempted cookies shall include those that have the following object:
– «User access» cookies.
– Authentication or user identification cookies (session only).
– User security cookies.
– Multimedia reproduction session cookies.
– Load balancing session cookies.
– User interface preference cookies.
– Certain plugins in order to share social content.
It may therefore be interpreted that these cookies are exempt from the application of article 22.2 of the LSSI and there is consequently no need to inform or obtain consent for their use.
Cookies used in this website:
This website uses a range of own and third party cookies, as indicated below.
1. Technical cookies: these are cookies that are necessary in order to browse the website, enabling the use of its services and tools such as login, access to restricted areas, remembering the items included on an order, to place and purchase an order, to store content for the dissemination of video or sound, and to adjust language settings, amongst others. Disabling these cookies will prevent some of the website functions from operating normally.
|Nombre de la cookie
|Duración de la cookie
2. Analysis cookies: these cookies enable the controller to monitor and analyse user behaviour on the associated websites. Data obtained via this type of cookies are used to measure website activity and to draw up user browsing profiles in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data regarding service usage by users.
Essentially, website analysis provides data regarding the number of users accessing the website, the number of pages viewed, visit frequency and repetition, duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the device used or the city where the IP address is located. This information allows the website service to be tailored to provide an enhanced and optimal service.
|Nombre de la cookie
|Duración de la cookie
The user can consult the corresponding policies in order obtain details of the data to third countries that third parties identified in this cookies policy may pass on.
On accessing this website, the user will view a cookie settings panel providing details of how to give or refuse consent for the installation of a particular type of cookie or all cookies. By clicking on “Accept” in the Cookies Notice, it will be considered that express consent has been given for the installation of all cookie categories.
Mere access to this policy, with no prior action, does not imply the acceptance thereof.
In addition, the user may disable the cookies from the preference section on their Internet browser. The process varies for each browser; in this sense the “Help” function will provide details on how to carry out this action. The user must be aware that when accepting third party cookies, they must be deleted from the browser options:
This Cookies Policy may be modified in accordance with new legal requirements or in order to comply with the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and in this sense, the user is advised to consult it at regular intervals.
Should the user wish to consult any aspect of the website Cookies Policy, he/she may write to the website owner at following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.